Mother's Day Chemex Recipe
In honor of Mother’s Day, we’re sharing our go-to Chemex recipe for two. Generally speaking, we use a 1:15 ratio and adjust as necessary, depending on the individual roast. If you’d prefer a visual we have linked a quick video tutorial here for you, and if you need a restock on beans or want to order an e-gift card– you know where to find us!
Things you’ll need:
- Your mom’s favorite coffee beans + your mom
- Chemex + filters
- Coffee grinder
- Gooseneck Kettle
- Couple of cute mugs for serving
- Grind 50 grams of your mom’s favorite beans on a medium-coarse grind. Set aside.
- Place filter in chemex and rinse with hot water. Dump water into the sink.
- Add grinds, place Chemex on scale, and tare to 0 grams.
- Begin pouring 200° water to cover dry grounds and allow coffee to bloom. (The grinds should be bubbling as the gasses are released– a sign of freshness!)
- Continue to pour incrementally until you reach 750 grams, never allowing grounds to dry out.
- Dump filter + grinds into your compost bin and pour freshly brewed coffee into two cute mugs.